Seed Wellness offers Emotional Freedom Techniques in Beaconsfield and the surrounding areas.
Emotional Freedom Techniques (or EFT) is a form of therapy that works by stimulating acupressure pressure points on the body and energetically restoring balance. By tapping, applying pressure or rubbing these points while focusing on situations that represent personal fear or trauma, you allow the mind and body to calm and to begin healing.
It is most commonly used by people to help manage emotions and worrying thoughts and is particularly effective at lowering stress and anxiety. It’s a technique that you can apply to yourself to feel calm you if you’re feeling angry, or it may help ease your thoughts if you’re worried about something.
It is used to treat a wide variety of physical and psychological disorders and is regarded as a simple form of self-administered therapy that you can perform on yourself, anywhere, anytime.
During a typical EFT session, you are encouraged to focus on a specific issue while tapping on the end points of the body’s energy meridians; this creates acu-point stimulation. The meridian endpoints of the body include the top of the head, eye brows, under eyes, side of eyes, chin, collar bone, and under the arms. While tapping, you recite a specific phrase or phrases, that target the emotional component or physical symptom that you would like to heal.
What are the benefits of Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)?
- To ground you and allow you to feel present
- To ease anxiety and lower stress
- To calm you and stop you spiralling into anger or unease
- To release negative thoughts and emotions
- To treat physical pain (commonly used to treat fibromyalgia, tension headaches, frozen shoulder and more
- To ease the symptoms of PTSD
- To break habits or negative patterns (especially around cravings and addictions)