T: 07791 605241 / E: email@example.com
Becoming a mother changed me in ways I never thought possible. Before this, I considered myself to be carefree, confident and sociable, and GREAT with kids. I really thought parenting would be a doddle!
After the birth of our son in 2013, I felt immediately overwhelmed by the responsibility of just keeping this little being alive. I had all the baby books, read all the blogs, had advice coming out of my ears, but I still felt I was doing it all wrong. It was exhausting and lonely, and I felt so guilty for not being able to enjoy my little boy during what was meant to be such a joyful time.
I now know that a postnatal doula would have held me up, helping me navigate my way through this parenting minefield with patience, empathy, expert knowledge and kindness, so that I could feel strong and confident once more in my new role as a mother.
SERVICES I OFFER:
- Infant feeding support, whether it is breast, chest or bottle
- Companionship and a listening ear to explore without judgment any worries or challenges you may be facing as a new parent
- Preparing nourishing and healthy veggie/vegan snacks, smoothies or light meals
- Undertaking light household tasks like clearing and tidying surfaces, sorting and folding laundry
- Accompanying you to appointments if desired
- Looking after/wearing your baby while you nap/eat/spend time with another sibling/have some time just for you
- Supporting your partner or other members of your support circle
- Caring for older siblings
- Researching and signposting to the relevant experts as and when needed
My job isn’t to hold your baby (although I do love the baby cuddles!) but more to hold you!
“…a little baby isn’t built, stomach or soul, to be away from her source of all things good – you.” (Wiessinger et al. 171)
- Accredited Holistic Sleep Coach (Lyndsey Hookway at Babyem), June 202
- Accredited Breastfeeding Counsellor, Aug 2020
- Postnatal Planning (Younique Postnatal), Jun 2020
- Twins and More Workshop (Younique Postnatal), Mar 2020
- Understanding Newborns Workshop (Younique Postnatal), Mar 2020
- Understanding Reflux Workshop (Younique Postnatal), Jan 2020
- Initial Doula Preparation Course (Younique Postnatal), Apr 2019
- Doula UK Introductory Workshop, Jan 2019
Working across South Buckinghamshire & Berkshire
Dependant on the services you need