Seed Wellness offers Functional Medicine in Beaconsfield, Rickmansworth and across South Bucks.
Functional medicine is a relatively new way of looking at health that can help with a wide variety of conditions. It uses a different approach and model for preventing and managing complex, chronic illness.
Functional Medicine focuses on treating the entire individual, rather than just their symptoms. It addresses the underlying causes of disease, instead of just masking any symptoms with drugs.
Functional Medicine is an evolution in the practice of medicine and dealing with complex, chronic disease. It better addresses the changing and challenging healthcare needs of the 21st century.
You should consider Functional Medicine if:
- You have visited your doctor, been treated and still feel sick
- Your medication only partially helping or has negative side effects
- You want to explore different options for your health and wellness outside of the traditional medical route.
How does it work?
Functional medicine doctors spend time with their patients, listening to their histories and understanding their lifestyle choices. Together, they discuss not only medical symptoms, but also diet, exercise patterns, traumas, lifestyle and any exposures to toxins. They work together to address the underlying causes of disease. This includes searching for factors that might affect how the patient’s body functions, including:
- Genetic makeup
- Lifestyle choices such as diet, activity and stress
- Environmental influences (such as exposure to toxins)
The key to Functional Medicine is figuring out and treating the root causes of any illness.